I’ve been an employment lawyer since qualifying at the Bar in 1990 – though I really learned my subject at IDS, writing on the leading employment law journal IDS Brief. In my time I’ve represented both employers and employees at Tribunal and also acted as a leading policy adviser to the CIA (that’s the Chemical Industries Association of course). My main focus now is on providing employment law training with In Company Training Services, but I’m also a consultant editor for the good people at XpertHR who kindly let me vent my spleen about all sorts of employment law issues. I also write regularly for the Equal Opportunities Review and provide occasional consultancy, advice and representation for people with an interesting employment law issue that needs working on.
- Reluctantly? Really? MT @PracLawPublicS: Court of Appeal reluctantly dismisses appeal regarding Sunday working bit.ly/JaZ1bP 13 hours ago
- Love this. Vicar apologises for telling kids about mythical basis of Santa. ow.ly/rHJtm 14 hours ago
- RT @jamestplunkett: Still staggering gender imbalances in the UK workforce. Women bear the brunt of the part-time pay penalty: http://t.co/… 19 hours ago
- RT @seanjones11kbw: People are odd: countries seem to develop space programmes earlier than they decriminalise homosexuality 1 day ago
- I know its an ad - but it's still good. MT @SallyHitchiner: Be strong and shine! youtu.be/kOjNcZvwjxI #ukemplaw #HR 1 day ago